Project Manager – Asset Browser for 3ds Max
- Easy to organize and use 3ds Max models, materials, textures and lights.
- Merging models, materials, bitmaps and IES using drag&drop.
- Store/Create Proxy with materials.
- Interactive rendering previews for materials and IES photometric files.
- Show native previews for 3ds Max files, DWG, SketchUp, BIP motion, HDRI & etc.
- Support to Substance textures
- Search files by tags and file-names.
- Power Asset Tracking Management.
- Support to most used renderers like Vray, Corona, Octane, Mental Ray, Maxwell & etc.
Changes for Project Manager v.2.83.52:
- Adds an ability to Interactive Render of .BVH ( Bio Vision Hierarchical ) animation files
- Adds an ability to create Biped from .CSM ( Character Studio Motion Capture file ) files
- Adds support to Final Render trueHybrid (fR R3.6 also supported)
- Native preview for Final Render Proxy files (.fpx)
- Adds an ability to paint using merged nodes
- New capabilities with placing merged objects in scene: place on selection, on all scene objects or home grid
- Adds an ability to save/restore materials with standard Displace and CoronaDisplacement modifiers
- Now asset files refreshes automatically after changing link to xRefs
- Speeds up resolve, strip and change the links to asset files
- Now .IFL files are copied properly when user collect asset files or make an archive
- Fixes a minor issue with creating a V-Ray Dome Light when drag HDRI files into viewport
- Fixes an issue with very slow relinking of materials in Corona 1.7
- Fixes an issue with scaling objects on rendering a preview when an option “Fit view to nodes” turned off
- Simplifies the addition any types of assets, such as models, materials, textures and IES to the scene
- Cataloging libraries of models, materials, textures and IES
- Sync database on network.
- Full support to all types of Drag&Drop (Cataloging, merging, apply materials & etc.)
- Displays thumbnails for Bitmaps, 3d models, Proxy, IES, Material Libraries and other file-types (include formats HDR, EXR, PSD and other)
- Interactive rendering preview for materials, IES and BVH files [*new]
- Ability to exclude unwanted objects from Merging.
- Automatically fixes paths to Textures for merged models.
- Replacement scene objects by other objects
- Automatic conversion merged models to Proxy (Vray, Corona and etc.)
- Ability to save and restore Proxy objects with materials
- Saving the models and materials with maps
- Save/Restore Materials with modifiers
- Support to Slate Material Editor
- Search files by name, description and tags.
- Ability to add a description and tags to max, ies and image files.
- Display of embedded thumbnails in 3Ds Max, AutoCad, SketchUp and Biped files.
- Search for missing assets
- Relink external files
- Collect external files
- Archiving a 3ds Max scene
- Ability to exclude files from collecting by type of file
- Rename the links by mask
- Removing the links from scene
- Selecting the objects by their links to files
- Displays in interactive mode a list of files linked to selected objects
- Place Materials and BitmapTextures into the Material Editor
- Show/Hide bitmap in viewport
- Opening the files into the external application.
- Ability to collect the Asset files via clipboard and by using drag&drop
- Includes the “Batch Render&Relink” tool for organize the Asset files into the 3d Models and Materials Libraries in the batch mode
- Support to xRef files.
- Support to almost all known renderers and plug-ins.
- Unostentatious and “Transparent” the demo-version
- Ability to back-up settings before reinstalling 3ds Max or Windows
- Autocheck for updates
- User-Friendly interface
- Usability Default Setting
Wishlist for future versions.
- Ability to render preview as .png with alpha channel (idea by David Le Cardinal) [ready!]
- Search and Description for 3d models (idea by Claus Mindermann) [ready!]
- Search and Description for materials (idea by Ralf Jaskulki)
- Preservation of materials with modifiers [ready!]
- Custom studio for materials and models [ready!]
- Show materials in tree [ready!]
- Using a single database on a network. [ready!]
- Mass rename the asset links and files on hard drive. (idea by Dmitriy Tereshchuk)
- Use regex and the simple patterns to refine the search files.(idea by Sorvin Sergey) [ready!]
- Search images by color. (idea by Oleg Budeanu)
Demo version allows to work only with non-strikeout files.
3ds Max 2012 and above (32 and 64 bits)