This script slices an object at regular intervals along the world axes.
Useful for quickly subdividing a complex mesh homogeneously, for vertex painting or to apply a bend modifiier to it for example.
If you have any requests or feedback, feel free to contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org
or in the comment section down here 😉
Update 2017/06/14: Added the distance feature.
Update 2017/06/15: The script is now running way faster. Additional Info:
How it works
• Just drag n drop the .ms file into the 3DS Max viewport
• Or drag n drop the .mzp file into the 3DS Max viewport, and then in Customize > Customize user interface, you’ll find this script under the N00BY category
• Select an object then click “Preview”
• Adjust the number of slices you want or the distance between them
• Set the axis along which you want to slice the object by clicking the “X”, “Y” or “Z” button
• Then click “Accept”
• If your object’s local pivot is not aligned with the world axes, you’ll need to check “Reset XForm before slicing” 😉
• When changing the number of slices, the distance value will auto-update and vice versa 😉 Version Requirement: 2016, but it should work on other versions.
Links Download URL: http://ahp.li/f8b65b8c05ce53c36c45.rar